Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is currently seeking a top-tier candidate to join its Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York. In this role you will work directly with Finance leadership and support groups across the organization. You will drive process improvements, serve as a true strategic partner to the business, and help elevate the FP&A team to a higher level of operational excellence. You will support annual budgeting, monthly reporting, strategic projects and ad hoc analysis. The right candidate will have a meticulous nature and an attention to detail, coupled with an ability to assess the big picture and concisely tell Casper’s story through the numbers.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Support the Director of FP&A in owning the annual budget and re-forecasts between finance and senior leaders, facilitating cross functional collaboration to ensure the budget supports Casper’s strategic plan
- Present to the executive team financial information, analysis, and context in a clear and concise manner to drive business decisions
- Manage a team of 1-2 financial analysts to conduct monthly financial reporting, variance analysis, and financial analysis to optimize ongoing processes and evaluate the viability of strategic initiatives
- Support strategic projects including fundraising efforts and potential partnerships or M&A activity
- Create and maintain detailed forecasting models and reports using our financial modeling and reporting tool, Adaptive, in order to support short-term and long-term strategic planning
- This is a hybrid role requiring 2 days per week in our spacious World Trade Center office.
- This is a hybrid role, requiring that you work an average of 2 days per week based at our spacious 3 World Trade Center office.
Our dream candidate has...
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field from a leading institution with an exceptional academic record
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, financial planning & analysis is required retail experience experience a plus
- Exceptional Excel skills, experience with financial modeling and a solid base in accounting and finance
- Experience with financial planning tools is required, JD Edwards and Adaptive is strongly preferred. Experience with or willingness to learn Python, SQL, or VBA a plus
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically about business needs and identify opportunities for growth
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities on a simultaneous basis
- Proven track record of process implementation and improvement. The ideal candidate is consistently identifying opportunities for efficiency and executing on enhancements
- The ability to manage multiple project and priorities on a simultaneous basis
- Loves sleep!
The syrup on your waffles
Targeted Annual Base Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $120,000.00 USD
Casper’s compensation philosophy ensures that the actual base salary is based on factors including but not limited to skills, education, experience, special training, time in position, and/or years of service.
We recognize that annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, wellbeing resources, and other perks including:
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- … and more!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Company’s COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state and local laws and legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.