Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Cost Controller is responsible for assisting the Manager in ensuring all financial activities for the Store Development team are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This person will handle the checks and balances between the day to day spend of store development and the Casper finance/accounting teams. This person is expected to classify costs by type, track all costs allocated to a project, verify vendor invoices, and noting any change of events that impact project budgets.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Assists with general accounting activities for the Store Development team
- Daily processing of invoices, purchase orders, and tracking duties and responsibilities
- Ensure coding is accurate and in compliance with Company standards
- Data entry of invoices into project cost tracking worksheet
- Monthly review of vendor statements; ensuring outstanding balances are reconciled
- Monthly review of JDE project specific reports and reconciling discrepancies when cross referencing project cost tracking worksheets
- Preparation of financial reports for supervisor as needed
- New vendor set up as needed
- Occasionally assist real estate with tenant allowance related information
- Collaborate with Accounting department on monthly and year-end reconciliations and project close-outs
- Assist in reconciling fixtures and materials obsolescence and tracking fixtures for write down.
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor’s degree- in accounting or finance a plus
- 2-3 years in General Construction Procurement + Finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, JD Edwards & SAP Concur
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate at various levels with internal partners
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional retail environment
- Extremely detail-oriented, investigative mind-set, inquisitive
- Able to adapt and work independently
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!