At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
You will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
We're doing exciting things at Carvana! Pushing toward microservices architecture, experimenting with new technologies like Azure Service Fabric and being part of an open-minded team when it comes to learning newer technologies and tools.
You will create, maintain, and optimize source code for large web service and web applications using the above technologies. You will also be called upon to help design and build the next generation of enterprise applications to replace our legacy systems.
- Participate end to end in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, and implementation
- Participate in peer discussions on architecture and overall direction of Carvana platforms.
- Work with team members to design solutions that are supported by the architecture of the existing systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in .NET development (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, WCF)
- 2+ years writing solid unit/integration tests
- An understanding and experience in application security from the web service and web application perspective
- A good understanding of design patterns and N-Tier architecture
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field, or professional experience working with related technologies
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS)
- Event Sourcing (ES)
- NoSQL Database (MongoDb)
- Client side unit testing experience
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.