If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Logistics is the art of problem solving personified. As the Manager in Training, Logistics at Carvana, you will learn all you need to know about our promise of a revolutionary used car purchase process. You will do this by learning how to optimize the Vehicle Transport operations, ensuring the day to day activities are completed, and problem solving through complex obstacles to your business.
The Logistics Manager in Training will have quarterly rotating shifts. You’ll need to be flexible to work on any type of assigned shifts. Must have the ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
What you’ll be doing
- Active participant in recruiting, performance management, employee relations, and other people activities; oversee the scheduling, PTO, and attendance of employees
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team to retain a motivated workforce that achieves our promise of a revolutionary used car purchase process.
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Problem solve to remove barriers to operations.
- Ability to execute on strategic initiatives
- Build a culture of safety, engagement, motivation, and recognition.
- Ensures DOT compliance
- An understanding that things will change. We need to know you are okay with that.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In other words, you’re a multi-tasking wizard!
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know-how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in work experience
- Proven track record of leading and developing associates
- Proven ability to obtain project deliverables and company metrics
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Ability to maintain driver relationships through understanding and meeting driver’s needs; including breakdowns and basic understanding of how equipment works
- Experience with DOT compliance and Safety preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work with and through teams to achieve results
- Strong analysis and decision making ability
- Proficient computer skills
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
It would be great if you also had
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you. The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.