Fleet Maintenance Training/Career Development Specialist
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
As a Fleet Maintenance Training/Career Development Specialist, you will be a part of our Logistics Fleet Maintenance team. Our maintenance team is responsible for ensuring our fleet is always available for transporters to run safe loads by adhering to safety & Department Of Transportation regulations and preventative maintenance measures.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop a Safety Training Program for all technicians (Fleet Maintenance is a dangerous job)
- Develop and train team on DOT Regulation for technicians
- Develop a Technician Growth Program for all technicians (Apprentice - Master Mechanic)
- Build and manage ASE certification program for Fleet
- Develop expectations for all technicians (Apprentice – Master Mechanic)
- Develop TMC Tech competition program
- Career development for all fleet maintenance personnel quarterly
What you should know
Our top technicians have extensive knowledge in both Electrical and Mechanical Diagnostics.
Preventative maintenance measures are a daily procedure, while HVAC, Breaks, Hydraulics, DEF Services, 7th injector services, and Re-gen or regeneration re-sets are regular parts of your day to day.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to speak in front of large crowd
- Must be willing to travel up to 40% of the time
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.