At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
As Arbitration Specialist you will be focused on supporting the arbitration process. The Arbitration Specialist will join a brand new function of the Purchasing team focused on developing the arbitration process for Carvana’s vehicle purchases. An ideal candidate will support our operations by understanding workflows, identifying areas of opportunity, and utilizing their technical skills to solve problems and improve processes.
As a Specialist, Arbitrations you will:
- Compare and verify information provided by reconditioning departments against Vehicle Condition Reports, Manufacturer Warranties, and NAAA guidelines.
- Gather information and evaluate policies to submit or decline arbitration claims.
- Negotiate transparent arbitration resolutions with auctions, sellers, and our reconditioning departments alike.
- Work with multiple internal customers and vendors to follow through with results.
- Be analytically-oriented and keep detailed records.
What you need to have to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree or working towards a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution with experience in the automotive industry, claims processing, and / or purchasing and returns.
- Ability to interact with internal customers, co-workers and vendors professionally and confidently.
- Excellent organization skills, written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Flexible hours required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Computer literacy and data entry accuracy.
What you can expect in return:
- Full Time, Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.