Centralized Planning Analyst
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
As the Centralized Planning Analyst you will use sophisticated, proprietary network modeling software to recommend the design and enhancements of a nationwide network of Carvana employed auto haulers that work seamlessly from coast to coast delivering cars to ‘000’s of customers in a ’time definite’ manner. You will coordinate the tactical execution, conduct root cause, corrective action analysis and recommend tactical enhancements to improve Carvana’s ability to deliver vehicles to our external customers and move vehicles from our internal customers.
The Centralized Planning Analyst role is based at Phoenix headquarters. This role will have quarterly rotating shifts. You’ll need to be flexible to work on any type of assigned shifts. Must have the ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays. This is an hourly role.
What you’ll be doing
- Following the vehicle journey across the logistics network to ensure Carvana provides the ideal customer experience
- Concisely and clearly coordinating and communicating across multiple operational departments at Carvana such as production, inside advocates, market operations,and logistics field operations.
- Maximizing outbound logistics capacity to increase on-time delivery and reduce transit times
- Minimizing vehicle dwell time at market hubs by maximizing return trips and partnering with the local teams
- Minimizing postponed deliveries through root cause analysis and continuous monitoring of execution failures
- Leveraging technology to improve KPIs
- Performing vehicle delay root-cause analysis to provide clear data and visibility across multiple systems
- Communicating delays to internal delivery push team
- Identifying and recommending solutions to remove constraints in the network
What you should have
- Typically, a Bachelor's Degree in quantitative discipline such as mathematics, operations research, supply chain, engineering, etc.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Hourly Position with a competitive rate
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Sees the ‘big picture’ with the ability to get it done (task oriented)
- High energy and the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills creating the ability to influence Operating units across the Carvana Network
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is NOT eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.