Entitlements Project Manager
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we are not salespeople. We have made it our mission to create a hassle-free way for people to buy and sell cars. We saw a huge problem with how much of a headache it is to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to put customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we have built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money. Customers can search through thousands of vehicles online, see full 360-degree views of both the interior and exterior of the vehicles before deciding to go through the purchasing process.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
Carvana’s Infrastructure Development department is known for its team-oriented, fast-paced environment. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, mentor and train others, assume additional responsibilities as needed while juggling multiple projects. Don’t forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
What you’ll be doing
- Comprehensive development project management of commercial and industrial site due diligence, site design, and entitlements.
- Contract negotiations, management and oversight of consultants including architects, civil engineers, environmental specialists, land-use counsel, etc.
- Oversight of site-related reports such as Phase I ESA, Geotechnical Reports, etc. Surveying and plat requirements, preliminary site engineering, landscape requirements, rezoning, use permits, development agreements, design review, and variances. Encroachment permits, environmental permits.
- Prepare for, attend, and present to local jurisdictions and property owners at pre-application, local public, and municipal hearings.
- Generate thorough site investigation reports that inform risks and opportunities for vetting acquisition
- Prepare and manage development budget and timeline schedules, develop and manage relationships with municipal staff, officials, and utility providers.
- Understand and clearly communicate the needs of different jurisdictions to internal and external stakeholders at Carvana.
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, finance, economics, marketing, accounting, engineering, political science, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial real estate development, previous Project Management experience preferred.
- Experience in leading consultants, preparing schedules, and managing the entitlement process.
- Keen understanding of the commercial development process.
- Ability to read and understand complex zoning codes, general plans, specific plans, and technical reports.
- An intricate understanding of the key decision drivers in project approvals both internal and external.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Elaborate understanding of jurisdictional approval processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of the site development process.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
- A team player mentality.
It would be great if you also had
- Knowledge of the Carvana business model.
- Project management experience.
- Savvy Gmail and G-Suite skills.
- Related professional certification(s).
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Must be able to travel at least 35% of the time.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.