Our mission is simple, we are changing the way people buy cars. We are the first 100% online car-buying experience, which means we have no sales team and no commission-based positions within our company. We are completely disrupting the auto industry by removing the painful process of the dealership experience and replacing it with a seamless and convenient online platform. Here at Carvana we are passionate about delivering exceptional service to every customer! After purchasing a vehicle online, the customer can choose to have that vehicle delivered straight to their doorstep, or if they live near one of our awesome vending machines they can pick it up there. One of our customer advocates will meet them with a BIG coin so they can experience our unique way of receiving their vehicle!
About the team and position
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and a collaborative leader who is passionate about developing and executing a business process outsourcing (BPO) strategy, improving operational processes and the Carvana customer experience. The Vendor Manager will drive results and work closely with individuals across the organization to execute the BPO strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving results with existing vendors.
- Evaluating, selecting and onboarding new vendors.
- Negotiating vendor contracts and incentives.
- Collaborating with customer care leadership to develop the outsourcing strategy.
- Building a team to execute on the outsourcing strategy.
- Working cross-functionally with other teams, including workforce management, training, quality control, analytics, operations, IT, product/engineering, FP&A and legal.
- Presenting results to leadership through varying communication channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution is required.
- 7+ years’ leadership experience in customer care operations.
- 4+ years of experience managing BPO vendors.
- A strong sense of urgency with the ability to improve operational efficiency.
- Proven history of developing and coaching employees.
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability grasping technical and complex concepts and clearly explaining them to others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willingness to work on weekends.
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
We’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.