At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A Regional Fleet Maintenance Manger that will keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service for our East Coast operations. Your main goal is to ensure our fleet is always available for transporters to safely run a load. As part of this role, the Regional Fleet Manager will remotely oversee a team of mechanics and on site operations. The qualifying candidate is a self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic leader that enjoys helping people, and ability to interact/ communicate with all levels of the organization. This role requires up to 50% travel.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage a team of up to 15 direct reports; oversee all things people including performance coaching and documentation, employee training, scheduling, PTO, and attendance of team.
- Build/maintain a culture of teamwork, safety, and recognition.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and training
- Strong analysis background; have the ability to define, create, and act on metrics on tractor safety and compliance, condition reporting, preventative maintenance, schedule compliance, inventory auditing. Work with other regional leaders and upper management to ensure company-wide consistency
- Dedicated to supporting multi-site logistics region by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- May perform other general duties as needed
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 3+ years of leadership experience required
- 2+ years in maintenance manager role desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil)
- Experience in project management
- Must have good working knowledge of semi-tractor/diesel maintenance needs
- Must have no more than two moving violations in the last three years or DUI
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines
- Mechanical aptitude; robust problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Requires working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, gloves, mask, hearing protection and other PPE provided by Carvana.
- Requires specific non-slip boots; Carvana provided reimbursement up to $100 per year
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.