At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A self-motivated person to join our rapidly growing wholesale organization. This individual will have the unique opportunity to join a team that is a leader in the digital remarketing space. They will need to have a keen eye for detail in order to best understand and represent the vehicle’s condition prior to resale along with confidence that their exterior, interior and mechanical assessment will combine with vehicle images to form a detailed condition report that wholesale buyers can rely on. It would be great if you had a general knowledge of automotive components. Some experience with estimating auto repairs is a plus.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Combining your initiative and experience with our detailed training and state-of-the-art digital tools to accurately assess and document the exterior and interior condition of Carvana’s wholesale inventory
- Using the mobile tools to take multiple images of the assigned vehicles, including photos of any observed damage
- Annotating equipment, trim levels and other vehicle features and attributes
- Conduct thorough assessment of vehicle condition following the Carvana Inspection process.
- Locate, start, move, inspect, and return vehicles on Carvana property and auction lots safely.
- Understand basic NAAA frame/structure guidelines as well as common vehicle condition flaws and how to identify them.
- Perform basic mechanical checks on vehicles including, powertrain, drivetrain, and electrical components.
- Functions as a solid team player and works closely with teammates, field wholesale team members, and dealer success to create a superior customer experience.
- Works with the wholesale team to ensure a consistent and effective online customer experience, appropriate condition report processing, high customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- An unwavering attention to detail
- Initiative that allows them to focus on accomplishing the given mission while working indoors or outdoors in varying conditions
- High School or GED equivalent
- Technical aptitude that can be applied to the use of digital devices and mobile apps.
- Enthusiasm and positive energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise level, may be exposed to fumes and odors
- The ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.