If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic analyst to join our team as a Category Analyst. The Category Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of inventory management, pricing and analytics related to their specific categories. Here, you’ll conduct comparative analysis of internal and external performance reports and provide the insights and action plans to ensure each segment supports projected sales and margin forecasts. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate impact in the fastest growing automotive company in the country.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct root cause analysis into exceptions and trends in Segment purchasing, pricing, sales margins, and merchandising
- Manage Segment pricing operations, including executing initial price targets and overseeing markdown processes that improve margins and reduce inventory turn times
- Conduct competitive and market intelligence analyses (e.g., mix, pricing, strategy, new models/features) to evaluate Carvana’s competitive position
- Work closely with the Category Manager to create action plans through analysis to improve inventory diversity while achieving sales and margin plans
- Ensure Segment diversity and mix on carvana.com, and recommend changes to purchasing, pricing, and merchandising to match our online mix to customers’ preferences
- Recommend additional changes across the business that improve overall Segment performance in line with financial / operational forecasts and Carvana strategies
What you should have
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in category and inventory management, preferably in an eCommerce or digitally-oriented organization
- Strong strategic, financial, and analytical skills; can easily translate data from an array of sources into insights and recommendations
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with cross-functional teams
- Flexible, resilient and comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing
It would be great if you also had
- 4 year Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Strong analytical skills, specifically in SQL and Tableau
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.