BRAND MANAGER, PARTNERSHIPS
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Our company is searching for an experienced Brand Manager to fill a critical role in developing and executing Carvana’s partnership with Jimmie Johnson and Chip Ganassi Racing. This person will have the unique opportunity to join a company in the process of growing and scaling to a national consumer brand, and be tasked with maximizing the output from a 360-degree partnership with one of the most well-know figures in motorsports.
The Partnerships Brand Manager will work under the Director of Brand Marketing, leading the execution of the Jimmie Johnson x Carvana partnership through a multitude of marketing channels, including but not limited to television, content, social, experiential, and direct. They’ll be the day-to-day contact at Carvana for the teams at Jimmie Johnson as well at Chip Ganassi racing. And internally, they’ll partner closely with a robust internal creative team, PR/communications and quantitative marketing teams to develop, execute, and analyze the effectiveness of our work made through this program.
The ideal candidate for this position has a thorough grasp on digital/social content planning and development, has vision and the desire to execute, and gets excited about the opportunity to utilize consumer insights and omni-channel marketing to disrupt one of the biggest industries in the US.
A passion and interest in motorsports is a huge plus.
What you’ll be doing
- This is a brand management role focused on creative development and program activations for an existing partnership. This is not a sales or business development role to identify and onboard new partners for Carvana.
- Planning and executing various marketing efforts for Carvana in partnership with Jimmie Johnson, building national brand affinity and interest as we begin a new conversation with motorsport fans
- Owning projects—from brief development through production & launch—collaborating with creative, production, project management, experiential and quantitative marketing teams
- Ensuring that all marketing programs are aligned and on-brand, through the development, integration and implementation of strategic and proactive marketing plans
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork while growing and strengthening the relationship with a valued, strategic partner
What you should know/have
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record. MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in a marketing/brand management role focused on B2C marketing
- Experience in creative agencies is a nice to have.
- Ability to thrive (and preference to work) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with frequently changing goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems, thinks big and has strong convictions and is not afraid to push the status quo
- A deep understanding of digital marketing channels and social strategy, along with new/emerging trends to reach our customers
- Strategic thinking combined with strict attention to tactical details and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions
- Role will be based in Los Angeles, but is currently work-from-home
- A passion and interest in motorsports will be a positive for any candidate
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.