We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now! Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings and set ambitious goals in everything we do. If you are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
Carvana is looking for passionate Android developers to build our next generation of mobile applications. As an engineer at Carvana you will have the opportunity to drive the design and development of mission critical, high-visibility projects as well as new initiatives (read: greenfield). You will join a team of highly competent, driven, and supportive engineers in our Redwood City office, Phoenix HQ (or remote).
You will build advanced cross-platform consumer and enterprise mobile applications. We are building this app from scratch; no legacy code in sight!
- Participate end to end in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, and implementation
- Be actively involved in interpreting analytics and customer data to improve the user experience.
- Collaborate with Carvana's Engineering, Creative Marketing and Customer Advocate teams.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years experience in Android development
- Proficiency in Java and/or Kotlin
- Completed Bachelor's degree or higher within relevant field
- Experience with REST web services.
- Built or contributed to at least one Android app
- Experience with third party libraries and APIs
- Understanding of multithreading principles and best practices
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- A sense of humor. Read this again, if necessary
- Continuous integration experience with mobile apps
- Automotive industry experience
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.