If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We’re looking for a stellar advertising art director who can think up big, juicy ideas that are on beautifully on brief. Given that, you must be a conceptually and strategically driven art director, who also has the gift for making your projects look gorgeous and iconic.
Your ideas must be big enough to go into any medium they’re thrown at. On top of that, you should have an incredible curiosity on how ideas can be brought to life. The more tools in your toolbox, the better. And if you thrive on producing lots of ideas, efficiency is a must. You’ll be working in a supportive team environment and collaborate with all sorts of people, including your copywriting partner. You will also work closely with your Creative Director, an industry veteran, to produce a bevy of different kinds of content, both online and offline. If you have the opportunity to join forces with us, you will find yourself rapidly learning and producing work that will make you proud, plus your friends jealous. Knowledge of production is a plus.
What you’ll be doing
- Consistently generate fresh ideas solving for the communication objectives of the creative brief.
- Partner with your marketing team to conceptually think through business problems and develop strategically-minded ideas to solve them through design solutions.
- Development of brand- and product-level creative concepts and layouts across multiple mediums (TV, short film, digital, social, mobile, radio, print, customer experience and product)
- Own the review, edit and overall development of content during all phases of your projects. We don’t have a big studio and so you’ll need to have general production knowledge. And if you’re jammed, one of us can totally help you out.
- Consistently bring new ideas, production solutions, content trends and tech developments to the team to aid and inspire the development of ideas.
- Ability to push the visual identity of our brand and continually refine it.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
- Deep studies in design and art direction.
- A strong conceptual and strategic approach, translating business problems into effective customer communications and experiences.
- Portfolio work that demonstrates your ability to forge fresh-looking paths for the projects and brands you work on.
- The ability to effectively communicate an idea and take direction to further craft ideas to final form.
- 4-6 years of proven art direction experience working with and creating content for multiple mediums – TV, short film, digital, social, mobile and print.
- Ability to organize and synthesize information from multiple sources, and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to craft design looks to simply deliver upon the assignments you own.
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment.
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves.
- Ability and desire to have all their ideas killed and know there are still plenty of better ideas to create.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.