If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Carvana is looking to hire a Team Manager to join the Corporate Insurance Claims team. The Team Lead will oversee a group of claim coordinators, who are responsible for processing incident reports and reporting claims under Carvana’s commercial Auto Liability, Auto Physical Damage, Property and Workers’ Compensation insurance policies. The Team Lead is also responsible to oversee the Third Party Administrator to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, providing leadership to support personnel in the effective and efficient processing of claims while protecting the assets of the company.
The Team Lead performs functions that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure appropriate claim outcomes through consistent execution of best claims practices
- Directs staff in the achievement of business plan goals and compliance with legal statutes and internal guidelines
- Identify opportunities for process improvement to ensure a successful and efficient workflow process
- Develops and delivers training and workflow materials for both direct reports and other internal business units
- Develop claims team through regular feedback and coaching with a concentration on proactive claims handling
- Review reserves, settlement, and related requests and grants authority where appropriate;
- Conduct regular reviews of pending and closed files to determine whether claims are processed appropriately;
- Create individual training and development plans for team members;
- Prepare performance evaluations and administer to the human resource needs of the unit by assisting with hiring, training, motivating and retaining staff;
- Review and approve large loss reports, carrier reporting, and various reporting requirements;
- Facilitate effective team meetings, claim reviews, and projects as required;
- Utilize data to identify and understand issues and opportunities and develop effective solutions;
- Maintain compliance with established SOx procedures and claims adjuster licensing and Continuing Education as needed
What you should know/have
- Minimum 5 years supervisory/team management experience
- Solid background in insurance and claims processing procedures
- Demonstrates the ability to use commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the claims and management fields.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage key stakeholders and staff to ensure the delivery of business objectives
- Advanced knowledge of coverage, liability, and complex claims handling procedures
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills coupled with strong problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing
- Exceptional customer service mentality
- Trucking industry experience a plus, but not required
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more..
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.