If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Our company is searching for a Social Media Specialist to fill a critical role in developing and executing Carvana’s partnership with Jimmie Johnson and Chip Ganassi Racing. This person will have the unique opportunity to join a company in the process of growing and scaling to a national consumer brand, and be tasked with maximizing the output from an extensive partnership with one of the most well-known figures in motorsports. It’s a rare and exciting opportunity for a devoted motorsports fan and social media expert to manage community-building efforts for a partnership between two amazing brands.
The Partnerships Social Media Specialist will work under the Reputation Management and Social Media Strategist, helping to lead the social planning and implementation of assets and communication plans for the Jimmie Johnson x Carvana partnership. They’ll be responsible for managing the up-start Carvana Racing social handles and building a community of Jimmie Johnson, IndyCar and Carvana brand enthusiasts. They’ll work closely with the dedicated Jimmie Johnson partnership team at Carvana, coordinating with our in-house social team and teaming with social partners at both Jimmie Johnson and Chip Ganassi Racing. They’ll also interface with a robust internal creative team, PR/communications and quantitative marketing teams to develop, execute, and analyze the effectiveness of our work made through this program.
The ideal candidate for this position has a thorough grasp on digital/social content planning and community management. They’ll be channel experts with a vision for the social handles they’ll manage and a desire to execute. And they’ll be passionate motorsports fans, excited about the opportunity to bring racing content to life while disrupting one of the biggest industries in the US.
What you’ll be doing
- Planning and executing year-round social marketing efforts for Carvana in partnership with Jimmie Johnson, building national brand affinity and interest as we begin a new conversation with motorsport fans
- Owning the channel and communication strategies for the Carvana Racing handles, helping set the direction on content planning and partnering with the team—from brief development through production & launch—to bring creative/campaign ideas to life
- Building an engaged community of Jimmie Johnson, IndyCar and Carvana brand enthusiasts through new content development, social programs, fan engagement and relevant motorsports news
- Coordinating with social counterparts within Carvana and at Jimmie Johnson/Chip Ganassi to ensure ed-cals are aligned, approved and implemented in coordination
- Partnering with our internal Quantitative Marketing team on paid program support
- Preparing monthly performance and activity reports for our Racing handles
- Being the expert on social best practices, technologies, and trends
- Providing and implementing recommendations for continual improvement of social creative and programming
What you should know/have
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record.
- 3+ years’ experience in a B2C social media marketing/community management role. Experience in creative agencies is a nice to have.
- A passion for and competency in motorsports
- Ability to thrive (and preference to work) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with frequently changing goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems, thinks big and has strong convictions and is not afraid to push the status quo
- A deep understanding of digital marketing channels and social strategy, platform best practices and new/emerging trends to reach our customers
- Strategic thinking combined with strict attention to tactical details and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions
- Role will be based in Phoenix, but is currently work-from-home
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.