If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We are looking for a passionate Product leader to craft delightful and needle-moving experiences across the customer and advocate facing aspects of our Underwriting and Verifications experience. This includes many consumer-facing elements of our site as well as our internal tools used to support our customers through their vehicle purchase. You'll also have the opportunity to get exposure to core supporting elements of our experience such as the Sell-To-Carvana (STC) integrations, and integrated finance service.
Ideally, you are fanatical about delighting users, moving huge numbers, and seeing your product vision come to life. You love being involved with every step of the process, from market research to customer development to solution design and iteration. You’re highly autonomous and capable of taking high-level business problems, developing a viable strategy to tackle specific problems, and quickly developing solutions.
We iterate quickly, and having already amassed large and accelerating sales numbers, you will see your work have an immediate, growing impact every day in a hypergrowth company.
What you’ll be doing
You will analyze data, work closely with design and engineering to scope releases, write detailed requirements, and prioritize features and bugs. You’re also expected to be the leader of a growing team, ultimately responsible for the success of projects, success of the individuals on your team, and the long-term trajectory of your KPIs.
- Participate end-to-end in the product life cycle, especially market research, customer development, and requirements gathering/consolidation
- Be actively involved in interpreting analytics and customer data
- Collaborate with Carvana's Engineering, Creative, Marketing and Customer Advocate teams
- Work onsite in our Phoenix office (or be willing to commute here 4+ days a week)
What you should have
- Undergraduate-level education in STEM, Economics/Finance, or HCI/UX or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in software product management or top tier strategy roles
- Expertise with SQL
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done, no matter what it is, for the sake of the team and our customers.
- Sense of humor, we don’t take ourselves too seriously and love to have fun.
- Opinions - you should be familiar with a lot of products in consumer web/mobile and have some degree of taste around what you do and don’t like.
- A mentality that customers come first, team second, and yourself third and an openness to take feedback from all parts of the company.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and find the answers to your own questions.
- Deep product experience at one or more highly successful (and ideally hypergrowth) companies
- Split-testing design and interpretation
- Expertise in a metrics and data-driven environment with skills in data tools such as SQL.
- Experience with split-testing design and interpretation.
- A driven, relentless - but positive! - attitude.
It would be great if you also had
- Definitive design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry)
- Knowledge of data science best practices
- Agile methodology experience
- Product strategy/roadmapping experience
- HTML/CSS/JS web development experience (for prototyping)
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.