If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
What you’ll be doing
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining the two highest traffic services at Carvana which power our experimentation platform and federate data to support our customer experience.
- Partner closely with our product analytics and data engineering teams to build cutting-edge systems that leverage internal tooling and customer data to create exponential growth opportunities.
- Design, develop, maintain, and deploy back end solutions using NodeJS (RESTful server-side via Web API) and cloud services (Azure).
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to establish appropriate intent of our systems
- Design, develop, test, deliver, support, and improve our software systems
- Appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- Represent a long-term perspective on our technical landscape
- Architect, develop, and integrate complex systems under high volume
- Develop loosely coupled solutions that are scalable, testable, modularized, and reusable.
- Work in a team environment using Agile project approaches (Scrum, Lean, XP).
- Learn and try new technologies, approaches, and participate in bringing software engineering in Carvana to the next level.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- Experience with Node APIs.
- Experience with web application development.
- Proven track record and passion for learning new programming languages and technologies.
- Experience working with data stores (SQL or NoSQL).
- Experience writing unit tests, load tests, performance tests, and/or integration tests.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting web services, API, and libraries.
- Experience working closely with Product Managers and Stakeholders
- Good communication and collaboration skills - Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor.
It would be great if you also had
- Experience writing GraphQL interfaced services.
- Understanding of .NET Core and C#
- Experience using any cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, RedHat, etc.).
- Experience in container-oriented architecture using Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience writing microservices and re-architecting systems
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.