If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
In today’s world, data is king and this is the team with all the data. If you’re excited about understanding complex data sets from disparate sources, this is the team for you. Our data science and analytics team automates everything Carvana does from modeling consumer behavior to understanding how to make our users’ lives better.
Everyone wants to predict the future and this team does just that. We take data from across Carvana and external sources to understand past consumer behavior and how that can predict future behavior. Whether we’re looking at the credit risk of our consumers or just figuring out inventory and pricing strategies, this team is on top of it.
What you’ll be doing
- Seek out, consume, and productionalize new data, both structured and unstructured, in support of our data science team.
- Architect robust and scalable data pipelines for predictive model training, monitoring, and serving
- Support data scientists, analysts, and software engineers in building and deploying new RESTful services.
- Design and develop high-availability applications using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Develop comprehensive solutions for application logging, error reporting, alerting, and task scheduling.
- Design both relational and non-relational data models for optimal storage and retrieval.
- Create ETLs to integrate data between different systems and formats using tools like Python, SQL Server Data Tools, etc.
- Design processes that contain sensitive data in a responsible manner (using certificates, hashing, AD permissions), ensuring that necessary security practices are followed.
- Learn and stay abreast of new technologies that can improve the efficacy of the analytics and data science teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- 2+ years of experience building systems designed for scalability, availability, and robustness
- Strong experience with at least one cloud service platform provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong coding and application development skills in Python
- Strong experience with enterprise software development using modern tools and approaches including:
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Cruise Control, VSTS, etc.)
- Integration/unit test frameworks (Junit, Nunit, PyUnit, etc.)
- Full regression / A/B testing
- Fluency in SQL
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize efforts and complete projects
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, or Hard Sciences (Or equivalent practical experience). Graduate degree preferred.
The technical stack you’ll be able to work with includes
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Cloud service platform providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Object-oriented Programming
- Data Science ecosystem (numpy, scikit-learn, matplotlib, Jupyter)
- Splunk, AppDynamics
- SQL Server
- Apache Spark, DataBricks
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.