If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying and selling experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster a more incredible customer and employee experience. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories!
We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Are you passionate about using data analytics to discover trends and help businesses grow? Do you want to have an immediate impact on one of the fastest growing public companies in the US? Are you excited to work closely with business leaders to develop strategies that will take our business to the next level?
This role will provide countless opportunities to tackle our most pressing operations challenges and opportunities. A successful candidate will bring strong business judgment, critical thinking, analytical rigor, and managerial aptitude to operations execution and decision making.
Strong candidates will be excited to lead a team of analysts in researching, advising on, and implementing key initiatives. This leader will analyze data, prepare frameworks and collaborate with cross-functional business partners to drive operating strategy and decision making. This includes the ability to connect the dots, see interrelations and impacts between complex systems, and clearly communicate recommendations, available options, and implications.
We have no shortage of data, resources, or ambition at Carvana, and we are excited to bring on people who share our desire to leverage data and technology to accelerate our disruption of the traditional car buying experience. The individual coming into this role would have exposure to senior leadership and the chance to make a significant impact in a short amount of time.
What you’ll do
- Learn the business and identify opportunities for improvement via technology, process, or systems enhancements. Build models, perform cost-benefit analysis, and provide thoughtful well-researched recommendations that answer key business questions.
- Partner with Product and Analytics teams to develop and design plans. Then, work with operations to gain user adoption, execute the plan and assess its impact.
- Engage with internal business partners to align priorities and develop strategic plans.
- Build tools to analyze and test process improvements.
- Help plan change communication and participate in organizational change management.
- Mentor and develop operations analysts and project managers.
- Oversee the management, organization, presentation, and reporting of key department data, records, resources, performance and documents.
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in business, operations management, statistics/mathematics, analytics or related field strongly preferred
- 7+ years of work experience in analytics, consulting, operations, startups, banking, strategy, or other client-facing roles
- A self-starter and owner mentality - you can lead “first time” assignments with no playbook from initial question development to rollout
- A proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive projects – you are known as someone who “gets stuff done”
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent ability to collaborate and apply a cross-functional mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge
- Interest in learning SQL and Tableau and leading analytical projects
- Driven by working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing so
Extra things we’d love to see
- MBA or Master’s Degree equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of key operations principles
- Proven track record of driving strategies in a fast growing start-up atmosphere
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.