USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We're looking for a UX Designer with an insatiable curiosity to rethink how people interact with Carvana's digital products. You possess an understanding of human centered design, UX best practices and design for e-commerce experiences. Like other team members, you strive for the highest level of craftsmanship in design and presentations. You are a determined advocate for our end user. Proactivity and accountability are traits that describe your approach to work. This individual will pay very high attention to details that closely align with business goals and user needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for owning and executing small, medium and large sized projects with minimal oversight
- Applying design thinking to solve complex platform-level problems
- Partnering with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and other designers in drafting and brainstorming initial concepts
- Defining interaction models, user flows, and wireframes
- Documenting detailed functional specifications
- Leading project-specific user research efforts and evaluating user feedback
- Evaluating existing products and recommending optimizations
- Staying up-to-speed on relevant industry trends and monitoring competitive products
- Working with analytics to make data driven recommendations
- Creating low and high fidelity prototypes
- Partnering with and mentoring other team members
- Performing other duties as assigned
What you should know/have
- 4-8 years of experience working as a UX designer on web and/or mobile applications
- Understand how long it will take to complete tasks and accurately budget time. Also responsible for delegating work to more junior team members and accurately accounting for their time.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to team members
- Ability to own and follow through with large projects
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience with Figma a plus
- Proven experience creating user flows, wireframes
- A passion for modern UX methodologies
- The ability to work iteratively in cross functional teams that are in multiple locations
- An understanding of the value of teamwork and how teams work…oooh, that was deep. We’re philosophizers at heart.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.