If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
We’re blending data-driven advocate development with principle-based coaching and this team is right at the center of it all. If you’re excited about understanding and refining complex models and translating them into tools for thousands of internal employees to use every day, this is the ideal spot for you. Our Advocate organization is on the frontlines changing the way people buy cars--we keep them moving forward so they can help our customers move forward. We’re math nerds who are people people and take pride in making all our Carvana teammates more effective.
What you’ll be doing
- Own our internal Advocate coaching and development product and grow into leading the team that supports.
- Mentor team analysts to refine models and visualizations, communicating actively with stakeholders in training and management.
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives; regularly update the company, including senior leadership, with results and strategic recommendations.
- Work closely with Advocate Leadership, Product, Engineering, and Operations to assess performance and identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Explore and segment data to identify and explain key drivers; assist in the design and building of models, dashboards, and visualizations to support Advocate teams.
- Lead by example for the rest of the team in the above areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (such as math, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.) with a strong academic record.
- At least 5 years of analytics experience with some background in product analytics. Technical leadership and mentorship are required with direct report leadership and career development being a plus.
- Analytical thinking. Capable of the full scope of data-driven decision-making: diving deep to understand the nuances of individual data points, defining illuminating summary statistics and visualizations, crafting simple yet accurate narratives, and employing all of the foregoing to improve our product and business.
- Intuitive problem-solving. Understand and think through causal relationships and ripple effects. Confidence in tackling emerging and complex problems
- Technical proficiency. This leadership role will require hands-on mentoring and analysis. Ability to write clean SQL queries and employ visualization tools (e.g. Tableau). Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools. Familiarity with data pipelines, common mobile and web technologies, and general software development practices.
- Excellence in communication. Ability to collaborate and speak the language of our Creative, Product, Engineering, and Executive teams.
- Product sensibility. A student of products with sharp intuition about customers and user experience.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.