ENTERPRISE SECURITY SENIOR SPECIALIST
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
The Enterprise Security Support Team (ESST) helps to keep our 8,000+ associates, who work at our 100+ various locations, Safe and Secure everyday. By collaborating with various Carvana teams the ESST delivers strategic planning, security program development, security technology innovation, asset protection processes, data analytics, crisis management, and project management. In partnership with the Field Asset Protection Team and the Remote Safe and Secure Team - the ESST is an integral part of our Enterprise Security Organization.
The Enterprise Security Senior Specialist (ESSS) is responsible to support the overall physical security portfolio. That would include day to day management and interaction with all Security Vendors to support execution at our sites of the physical security infrastructure program. The ESSS will work closely with Construction, Technology, and Property Operations to identify issues and collaboratively work towards resolution. The ESSS will own the development and implementation of a risk model and standardized physical security plans for all sites.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in developing physical security requirements for new projects that support the Enterprise Security Mission. Scope would include due diligence, planning, coordination of execution, communication throughout, monitoring, quality control review, and close out
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage contractors/vendors to verify all steps are being taken efficiently and timely to meet project scope and deadlines
- Assist in developing project quotes and maintain project progress to ensure budgetary requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors, and key partners to ensure projects are delivered in a collaborative fashion with all objectives delivered
- Proactively manage data to ensure risks are identified, mitigation plans are developed to ensure efficiency of solution, and monitored appropriately to gain improvement.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, stakeholders, architects, engineers, and subcontractors
- Manage the processes related to Access Control Program and Alarm Monitoring for the Enterprise
- Develop a strong understanding of the security marketplace and work aggressively with key partners to drive innovation in the
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, finance or criminal justice).
- Three years of project management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter’s mentality
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, and Tableau
It would be great if you also had
- Understanding of construction drafts/drawings
- Budgetary experience
- Understanding of security technology
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.