ENTERPRISE SECURITY PROJECT COORDINATOR
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
The Enterprise Security Support Team (ESST) helps to keep our 8,000+ associates, who work at our 100+ various locations, Safe and Secure everyday. By collaborating with various Carvana teams, the ESST delivers strategic planning, security program development, security technology innovation, asset protection processes, data analytics, crisis management, and project management. In partnership with the Field Asset Protection Team and the Remote Safe and Secure Team - the ESST is an integral part of our Enterprise Security Organization.
The role of the Enterprise Security Project Coordinator (ESPC) is to plan, execute, and finalize projects required to remediate risks as assigned by the Enterprise Director of Security. The ESPC must collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts across Carvana to deliver projects according to an agreed upon plan. The ESPC must have prior project management experience and must be able to coordinate activities in a fast paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support risk remediation in collaboration with Enterprise Security Team and stakeholders.
- Organize meetings, minutes, and track action items.
- Prepare reports and other documentation related to the project as required.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Leverage data to ensure risks are properly identified, solutions are properly defined, and progress evaluated appropriately
- Gain commitment and track progress of other project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations; escalate when necessary.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Timely and accurate reporting of status from the project teams, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life-cycles.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, finance or criminal justice).
- Five years of experience in security or asset protection
- Five years of project management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter’s mentality
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, and Tableau
It would be great if you also had
- Master’s degree (preferably in business, finance, criminal justice, or social administration).
- Experience in enterprise/corporate project management development
- Budget management experience
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.