At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. The pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up!
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
We’re looking for a Warranty Specialist that is a self-starter and problem solver to bring recovery from in house repairs. As the Warranty Specialist, you will partner with internal mechanics, OEM/Suppliers, and internal partners.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Utilize Carvana maintenance software to locate requests and process warranty repair orders
- Build and maintain warranty template in maintenance software system
- Foster effective communication with mechanics, supervisor, local managers nationwide, and accounting
- Manage recalls & campaigns for all OEM’s & suppliers
- Process and update warranty information into multiple supplier software system
- Problem solve warranty rejections and processing issues
- Overall responsibility for data entry upkeep and maintenance of warranty claims
- Accept warranty payments and ensure transactions are documented accordingly
- Process and file paperwork
- Identifies exceptional cases which may result in special agreements with the manufacturer/supplier; completes the required documents and follows up
- Ensures that defective parts are returned to manufacturer/supplier and keeps records of those returns
- Supporting training issues for Carvana partners and new hires
- Keeps up-to-date on all manufacturer’s recalls and bulletins
- Prepare and manage all documents for part returns when requested by OEM/supplier.
- Post credits and warranty payments to the Warranty Receivables Schedule as needed.
- Reconcile the Warranty Receivable Schedule monthly.
- Other office duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Associates degree or 3+ year experience filing warranty claims preferred
- TMT/TMW experience preferred
- Two plus years related experience; general office, accounting, or heavy equipment experience required
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and results driven
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Computer skills with an emphasis on word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Experience with maintenance platform is a plus
The Warranty Specialist will report to Maintenance Manager, Logistics and will be a salary full-time position based in Phoenix, Arizona. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.