If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Logistics is the art of problem-solving personified. As the Sr. Logistics Manager at Carvana, you will ensure that our promise of a revolutionary used car purchase process is realized. You will do this by becoming the subject matter expert in all facets of the logistics operations. You’ll be organizing, and optimizing the Vehicle Transport operations, ensuring the day to day activities are completed, and problem solve through complex obstacles to your business.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide premium customer service and efficiently deploy assets; by managing inventory and route or departure accuracy
- Responsible for daily operations’ execution; Problem solve to remove barriers for execution.
- Provide hands-on support where necessary (with drivers, planners, loaders, and inventory teams).
- Ability to execute on company standards and strategic initiatives.
- Proper scheduling of resources to achieve projected goals
- Primary liaison for logistics between retail operations, 3rd party vendors, inspection center operations, and corporate partners.
- Ensure DOT compliance.
- Build/maintain a culture of safety, engagement, motivation, and recognition.
- Manage team of 10-15 and oversee a team over 60 employees
- Active participant in all things people including; performance management, scheduling, and hiring
- Train supervisors in all aspects of management and operations
- Extreme focus on organization and time management.
- Maintain open and effective communication with direct reports, logistics network, and location team members
- Have the ability to flex and adjust with the business while displaying a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once. In other words, you’re a multi-tasking wizard!
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a logistics operational setting, leadership experience required
- CDL preferred.
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational success.
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you. The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is ___ eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.