If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
As an Asset Protection Associate, you will be an integral part of the Safe and Secure Team executing programs and processes at our facility to ensure our associates and assets are protected. Your daily duties will vary depending upon your assignment. At our gates, you will be the face of Carvana to our associates, our vendors, and our visitors. You will ensure proper protocol is followed with egress and digress procedures. You will be well versed in emergency procedures and will be able to provide assistance when needed. You will play an active role in ensuring our Inventory Control procedures are adhered to. You will be adept at utilizing Carvana technology to ensure RFID scans are completed. You will interact with our Inspection Center and Logistics Team in documenting vehicle destinations and locations. You will support vehicle location research when necessary and provide key details to the Asset Protection Manager to assist in any investigation. This position is hourly and reports to the Asset Protection Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute the facility Post Orders at the entrance/exits. These Post Orders articulate processes to follow when allowing access and exit from the Carvana Facility/Lot. This will include daily interaction with facility leadership to ensure necessary documentation is provided, such as associate schedules, driver appointments, vendor appointments, and visitor appointments. Utilization of technology to document security transactions and incidents will be critical to success.
- Utilize RFID technology and other Carvana technology to ensure all incoming and outgoing vehicles are scanned and accounted for. Log appropriate information in Carvana Systems to ensure vehicles going offsite to vendor locations are appropriately identified.
- At the direction of the Asset Protection Manager, complete research of “exception” vehicles that are not accounted for in daily scan process. Coordinate with Inventory Control Associates vehicle research steps to ensure the efficiency of the process.
- Utilize CCTV and other Safe and Secure Technology to monitor activity at your location. Ensure actions are in accordance with Carvana policies. Immediately report any issues that could be potentially unsafe or mitigate physical security protocol. When directed, be a part of the solution to resolve the issue.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Asset Protection Manager.
- Annual Theft Loss versus Accrual rate
- WC and GL Claims vs. Plan
- Vehicle Exception Tracking Performance
What you should know
- 1-2 years of experience within Asset Protection Or Loss Prevention
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of strong decision-making in a complex environment
- Ability to relate well with others and establish strong working relationships
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle conflict situations in a positive way
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time hourly position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.