At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren’t car salesmen. Our promise is simple: we won’t sell a car to a customer that we wouldn’t sell to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our car’s are in first-rate condition, we’ve built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana Certified 150-point inspection process, we’re able to verify that every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards.
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below to see what we’re looking for!
About the team and position
Carvana is looking for a creative, passionate, and innovative Content Developer to create engaging and effective training content across our Inspection Center organization. The Content Creator will design, develop, and pilot innovative and engaging learning solutions specific to our Inspection Centers (modalities include e-learning, videos, performance support tools, instructor-led courses, and blended learning). The ideal candidate for this role will be a collaborative, through-partner who will work closely with our SMEs and the Training team. This role requires a passion for continuous learning and for creating best-in-class learning solutions.
This is a full-time, salaried, position based out of our Tolleson facility. This is not a remote/work-from-home opportunity.
What you’ll be doing
You must be prepared to help with a variety of administrative, support and general business organizational items. This may include:
- Interview SMEs and create content based on existing operations or new program launches in the Inspection Centers.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methodology to develop a dynamic and impactful curriculum.
- Partner with subject matter experts to identify training needs and effective training modalities for our target audience.
- Identify objectives and measures of success for the curriculum and create content that will meet those objectives and measures of success.
- Provide creative exercises and activities that will enhance the learning process and create a valuable learning experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, production environment.
- Leverage a variety of tools to create effective supporting material and media for training content (eg. audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc).
- Define the criteria used to judge the impactfulness of training, the learner’s performance, and develop proper assessment practices and tools.
- Leverage instructional design and multimedia skills to design and develop new learning materials including videos, e-learning modules, workbooks, instructor guides, train-the-trainer guides and job aids that will drive organizational learning and results.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
This position requires an organized critical thinker that is interested in gaining exposure across Carvana’s operations. Required skills include:
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in Content Development or Instructional Design with instructional technology.
- Applied knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models (experience with ADDIE, Agile, Bloom’s Taxonomy, Kirkpatrick, or other models a plus).
- Act as an advisor in identifying and analyzing training needs, creating innovative content and designing strategies and tools to measure the effectiveness of our training efforts.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances the learning experience and meets the needs of our organization.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of e-learning tools such as Articulate, Captivate, and Storyline (Workday LMS is a plus).
- Experience working with a variety of SMEs and audiences from hourly manufacturing employees to senior management roles.
- Experience in creating hands-on training, performance support tools, and identifying results-based outcomes for manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Ability to take initiative and execute in a fast-paced, hypergrowth environment.
- Comfortable working in both manufacturing floor operations and office environments.
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner with the ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- An amazing sense of humor and flexibility. Read this again, if necessary.
We’d be thrilled if you had
- Experience creating content for high-volume manufacturing organizations.
- Experience producing professional and instructionally sound blended learning content.
- Familiarity with Lean (Toyota) manufacturing environments.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy, both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record with no more than two moving violations or DUI’s in the last three years
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.