If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
As an Asset Protection Technician, you will be an integral part of the Safe and Secure Team executing programs and processes at our facility to ensure our associates and assets are protected. You will manage the facility’s card access system ensuring that all associates have appropriate badges and building access in a timely manner. You will be the site administrator for the Safety Committee and will be the primary contact for incident reporting and claim management. Data analysis will be a passion and you will support the Asset Protection Manager in reviewing various sources to ensure that technology is functioning properly, that gate processes correspond to vehicle movement, that CCTV exceptions are properly researched and investigated, and that the Case Management process for reporting incidents is properly executed. You will support the Asset Protection Manager in ensuring Crisis Management and Business Continuity programs are in place and that associates are trained for their roles. This position is hourly and reports to the Asset Protection Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the Facility’s Card Access Program. Ensure all new hires have the appropriate badge in place and that their building access corresponds to their position in a timely manner. Partner with Human Resources to ensure that all cards are deactivated promptly and access is restricted when necessary. Work with Asset Protection Associates to implement the Vendor Badge Program at our front gates. Collaborate with Property Operations to ensure all Safe and Secure equipment and technology is functioning properly.
- Act as the facility’s Safety Administrator. Partner with the Safety Captain to ensure all meetings have appropriate agendas in place, meeting notes are documented, action items are assigned to appropriate associate, and tasks are completed. Be the primary point of contact for safety incident reporting and documentation. Collaborate with the Claim Management Team on any necessary research or incident follow up.
- Coordinate with several partners to ensure that all Safe and Secure technology is properly functioning. This will include monitoring the health of the equipment, reviewing alarm exception reporting, and inspecting physical security standards. Promptly act on any deficiency. (CCTV, Alarms, Card Access, RFID/GPS, Lock Boxes, Wedge Gates, Fencing, Lighting, etc.)
- Partner with the Asset Protection Manager to ensure the Facility Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plan is in place.
- Annual Theft Loss versus Accrual rate.
- WC and GL Claims vs. Plan.
- Card Access Issuance/Timeliness of Execution.
What you should know
- Prior experience working in an Asset Protection, Security, Safety, Inventory Control, or Risk Management role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of CCTV, RFID, Card Access, and other Safe and Secure Technology.
- Ability to relate well with others and establish strong working relationships.
- Previous experience with audits/reviews to include documentation of findings and report out.
- Ability to handle conflict situations in a positive way.
- Proven track record of strong decision-making in a complex environment.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time hourly position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.