Recently ranked #5 in Forbes Magazine’s list of America’s Most Promising Companies, Carvana offers the excitement, culture, and opportunity of a start-up, along with the capitalization and infrastructure of an established business.
We sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. At Carvana, we’ve made it our mission to transform how cars are bought and sold. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way so we committed to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers. From our searchable showroom of fully-inspected, certified cars, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and warranty packages. With delivery possible to the buyer’s driveway in 24 hours or pick-up available from one of our state-of-the-art car vending machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day money back guarantee, customer satisfaction is at the core of our business. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car that we pass on to our customers.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video (link to company introduction video).
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
- Manage the movement of cars into and out of the Inspection Center safely for repairs, while meeting or exceeding set production and quality goals.
- Review and approve identified mechanical and physical defects of incoming inventory
- Lead a team of production associates and partner with the Inspection Center General Manager to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle
- Train a team of production associates using Quality Control standards to identify and complete repairs effectively and efficiently the first time, minimizing re-checks and delays in production
- Identify and complete repairs effectively and efficiently the first time, to minimize re-work and delays in production
- Conscientiously work in ways that decrease possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions
- Meet or exceed inventory production goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct business within Carvana policies and procedures
- Act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the customer and the business at all times
- Portray a positive image of Carvana and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Vocational/Technical degree preferred, but not required
- Experience supervising/managing a team
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Attention to detail is required as well as the ability to interact with managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
- Some computer/clerical skills required
- Valid driver's license, and insurable DMV required
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving and some typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- Access to an incredibly sharp and innovative leadership team
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening. CARVANA is a tobacco-free workplace.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.