SENIOR USER INTERFACE DESIGNER
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Carvana designers are makers and storytellers that use design to transform businesses and create culture. They are highly motivated self-starters and disciplined team-players who always find a way to make things happen. They lead multidisciplinary projects into uncharted territories without blinking. They’re design fundamentalists, but approach projects with rational and innovative mindsets. They are always mindful not just of how it looks but how it works too.
Senior UI Designers responsible for owning and executing small, medium and large-sized projects with minimal oversight. Carvana’s Senior UI Designers guide larger initiatives with direction from Team Leads and Directors. This role understands how long it will take him/her to complete tasks and can accurately budget time. Senior UI Designers are also responsible for delegating work to more junior team members and accurately accounting for their time. Senior UI Designers are also responsible for self-starting initiatives like calling out deficiencies in current experiences and ecosystems. They are also responsible for keeping an eye on competitors and best in class experiences that may impact or benefit Carvana.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with the Product, Executive, Operations, and Design teams on ideation, development and production of all Carvana web-based products, branding, and communication deliverables
- Maintaining a data and research driven understanding to iterate on designs and produce development-ready assets
- Delivering both low-fidelity and high fidelity designs across all design phases - web and mobile experiences, wireframing, design and hand-off to development
- Ensuring that our web experience remains cutting edge and industry leading, all while maintaining a cohesive modern aesthetic and clean look/feel in all design elements
- Demonstrating the ability to produce web design deliverables with a high standard for quality and detail within time and technical constraints
- Other duties as assigned
What you should know/have
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in a related field
- 6+ years’ experience designing for responsive/adaptive web and mobile applications
- Strong understanding of interaction design and fundamental design principles
- Strong understanding of fundamental UX principles
- Experience with CSS3, HTML5 is a plus
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.