Are you curious? Do you hold the customer experience on a pedestal? Do you praise the design gods and think of streamlined designed solutions?
If you answered “yes” to all of the above, then we’re looking for someone just like you. We’re looking for…
A Digital Designer with an insatiable curiosity to capture our customers attention through producing thoughtful visual design. Although this position is design focused, you will be challenged to think holistically about the full user experience.
Working closely with a member of our senior team, you’ll sharpen and hone your design skill set by being challenged in a fast paced environment that aims to provide helpful solutions to make the car buying process easier and more intuitive.
You are eager to dive in and think critically on projects big and small. Projects sizes vary from providing design support on larger, complex multi page redesigns to producing screens for native apps. Additionally there will be opportunities to own your own projects that focus on customer nurture, outreach and engagement, and helpful shopping tools.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collaborating with the Product, Executive, Operations, and Design teams on ideation, development, and production of all Carvana web-based products, branding, and communication deliverables
- Maintaining data and research-driven understanding to iterate on designs and produce development-ready assets
- Managing the quality of design and leading design solutions throughout all phases of a project
- Ensuring that our web experience remains cutting edge and industry-leading, all while maintaining a cohesive modern aesthetic and clean look/feel in all design elements
- Demonstrating the ability to produce web design deliverables with a high standard for quality and detail within time and technical constraints
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 4-6 years' experience designing for web and mobile applications
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in design
- Strong design portfolio and ability to present ideas and solutions clearly are a must.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Execute top-quality design work in line with industry standards
- Extraordinary hands-on designer and rigorous attention to detail
- Proficient at extending existing design patterns across platforms.
- Understanding of branding and knowing how to apply
- Proficient in the industry-standard software & applications. Figma is a must.
- Solid understanding of interaction design and fundamental design principles
- Solid understanding of user-centric design.
- Comprehensive understanding of how desktop/tablet/mobile web works.
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in an ever-evolving industry of digital products
- Demonstrates strong professionalism
- Experience in product design is a plus
- Experience in design system development is a plus
- Rapid prototyping is a plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.