In search of a fresh job opportunity? Give your career new life by joining one of the fastest growing companies in the nation! Carvana is disrupting the car industry by cutting out the dealerships. We sell cars, but we’re NOT car salesmen.
Carvana has full time positions open for experienced technicians at our new reconditioning center in Heath, OH. We are looking for several candidates who are team players and possess the drive, motivation and energy to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions!
Never heard of us? Check out our YouTube video of the first ever Car Vending Machine.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
As a Master Technician you will have the opportunity to work at one of our Inspection Centers that help recondition the vehicles we sell to our customers. This role will be responsible for ensuring our vehicles have been properly reconditioned and meet Carvana’s vehicle quality standards. As a Master Technician you will be asked to perform extensive and heavy engine work as well as advanced vehicle diagnostics.
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform highly skilled and challenging vehicle maintenance repairs.
- Repair advanced vehicle electrical issues and perform heavy vehicle engine work.
- Install, repair, and replace vehicle refrigerant and recovery systems.
- Complete advanced diagnosis on both mechanical and electrical vehicle systems.
- Perform electric and hybrid vehicle diagnostics and repairs.
- Assist in general automotive repairs such as radiators, timing belts, and transmissions if needed or requested by management.
- Perform extensive brake and tire repair.
- Complete drivability repair for wheel bearings, alignment issues, and axles.
- Maintains and coordinates the completion of ancillary goods or services for vehicles as needed.
- Input vehicle data into computer systems and Carvana technology applications to ensure vehicle information is up to date.
- Follow proper operating rules, procedures, and standardized work initiatives as assigned.
- Work on a variety of vehicle tasks for an extended period of time.
- Partner and provide clear communication with other team members and departments involved in the vehicle reconditioning process.
- Maintain a clean and productive work environment by keeping tools and supplies organized throughout the Build department.
- Work closely with the production Line Lead and Reconditioning Manager to drive focus on quality amongst the rest of the vehicle reconditioning team.
- Report any safety issues immediately to management.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior Automotive Technicians in the Build department.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This position is a Master-level Automotive Technician position and requires a minimum of 5-7 years of Automotive Technician experience with a desire to continue a career as a Technician in the automotive industry. Requirements include:
- Minimum 5 years of Automotive Technician experience.
- Master-level understanding of vehicle repair.
- Ability to perform extensive vehicle engine repairs, brake repair, and electrical issues.
- Proficient in using a variety of specialty tools and equipment.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team setting.
- Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools.
- A quality first mentality that takes pride in upholding Carvana’s vehicle quality standards.
- Strong, consistent attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills and navigating computer applications.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and peer-to-peer skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures.
- Ability to analyze, identify problems, and make decisions.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold).
- Strong communication skills to engage with all departments at the Inspection Center.
It would be great if you also had:
- ASE Certifications.
- Experience working for a high-end automotive facility or dealership.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading a team of employees.
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company.
The Master Technician will report to the Line Lead, Build, and will be an hourly full-time position. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 401k with company match
- ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving and some typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check as well as a driving record check. You must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.