Carvana has full time positions open for experienced technicians at our new reconditioning center in Heath, OH. We are looking for several candidates who are team players and possess the drive, motivation and energy to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions!
Never heard of us? Check out our YouTube video of the first ever Car Vending Machine.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
As an Automotive Technician you will have the opportunity to work at one of our Inspection Centers that help recondition the vehicles we sell to our customers. This role will be responsible for ensuring our vehicles have been properly reconditioned and meet Carvana’s vehicle quality standards. You will be asked to leverage your expertise to perform general automotive repairs and run diagnostics on our vehicles.
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Perform general automotive repairs such as radiators, timing belts, alignments, and suspension systems.
- Use wiring diagrams to complete electrical wiring.
- Complete drivability repair for wheel bearings, alignment issues, and axles.
- Carry out vehicle climate control repair and replacement for ACs and heater cores.
- Maintain and coordinate the completion of ancillary goods or services for vehicles as needed.
- Input vehicle data into computer systems and Carvana technology applications to ensure vehicle information is up to date.
- Follow proper operating rules, procedures, and standardized work initiatives as assigned.
- Work on a variety of vehicle tasks for an extended period of time.
- Report any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of Automotive Technician experience and requires someone with a high-level understanding of vehicle repair while having an interest in continuing a career as a Technician in the automotive industry. Requirements include:
- Minimum 3+ years of Automotive Technician experience performing general and basic automotive repairs including but not limited to extensive brake repair, fluid flushes, extensive tire repair, radiators, timing belts, wheel bearings, axles, alignment issues, and vehicle climate control repair
- Experience using vehicle diagnosis equipment for mechanical issues
- Experience with Technical Service Bulletins (TSB)
- Experience with electrical wiring and diagrams
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team setting
- Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools
- A quality first mentality that takes pride in upholding Carvana’s vehicle quality standards
- Strong, consistent attention to detail
- Advanced level understanding of vehicle mechanical repair
- Proficient computer skills with data entry and navigating computer applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines
- Ability to review, analyze, identify problems, and make decisions
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold)
- Strong communication skills to engage with all departments at the Inspection Center.
It would be great if you also had:
- ASE Certifications.
- Experience in Engine Performance Maintenance or Engine Repair.
- Experience working in a high-end automotive facility or dealership.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company.
The Automotive Technician will report to the Line Lead, Build, and will be an hourly full-time position. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 401k with company match
- ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving and some typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check as well as a driving record check. You must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.