If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We are looking for a Corporate Insurance Coordinator who is responsible for the intake, review and reporting of incidents and claims to the appropriate internal business units and insurance carriers, as well as other general administrative and operational support items related to the operations of Carvana’s Corporate Insurance and Safety Department. This position will act as the single point of contact for incoming and active insurance claims, responsible for initiating claims with carriers, following up with internal and external parties as necessary to close out claims, and tracking claims data within the company’s Risk Management Information System (“RMIS”). The Corporate Insurance Coordinator reports directly to the Corporate Insurance Paralegal within the Corporate Insurance and Safety Department. This role will focus on coverages and losses involving Carvana’s inventory of retail vehicles, owned commercial fleet vehicles, Workers’ Compensation, auto liability, and other property and general liability claims that may arise.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receives reports of incidents from both internal and external sources and ensures timely claim reporting to insurance carriers.
- Investigates and maintains both internal and carrier reported claims to ensure timely and appropriate resolution and closure.
- Secures and organizes pertinent information collected during incident reporting and incident investigation.
- Partners with Carvana’s Safety personnel to share details of incidents and to provide incident investigation support where necessary
- Assists with the dissemination of Carvana’s insurance policy and auto liability insurance cards to field operational groups
- Partners with Carvana’s insurance broker and Marketing Team to produce Certificates of Insurance for promotional events
- Assists the Corporate Insurance Paralegal during policy renewal periods by completing policy applications and collecting renewal data requested by insurance carriers.
- Other duties as assigned
What you should know/have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise prudent discretion regarding confidential and sensitive personnel information.
- Insurance Industry Experience is a plus.
- Experience working within a Risk Management System is a plus.
What we’ll offer in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more..
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.