At Carvana, we sell cars, but we are not salespeople. We have made it our mission to create a hassle-free way for people to buy and sell cars. We saw a huge problem with how much of a headache it is to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to put customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we have built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money. Customers can search through thousands of vehicles online, see full 360-degree views of both the interior and exterior of the vehicles before deciding to go through the purchasing process.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
Carvana’s Infrastructure Development department is known for its team-oriented, fast-paced environment. We expect bright people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, mentor and train others, assume additional responsibilities as needed all while juggling multiple projects. Don’t forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks for paint booths, photo booths, vehicle and tire lifts, air compressors, alignment machines, diagnostic equipment, and more.
- Work as an on-site preventative maintenance technician and liaison for any initiatives or critical work orders impacting the Inspection Center facility to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Quickly respond to and resolve equipment and facility issues at your assigned Inspection Center location.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, basic plumbing, grounds, carpentry, and painting issues that arise. Apply root cause analysis to develop and implement innovative procedures and processes that will keep an orderly and maintained facility, and increase productivity while maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Use of ladder at frequent times, I.e inspect rooftop for leaks, HVAC Units.
- Maintain key metrics and standardized work for the maintenance of the facility. Monitor metrics and modify maintenance as necessary.
- Maintain strong relationships and effectively partner with stakeholders at the Inspection Center and HQ (ie. Real Estate, Facilities, Industrial Process Engineering, site leadership, Safety, Security).
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a facility maintenance technician role in a manufacturing environment.
- The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of various systems, including HVAC, 3 phase/single phase electrical, basic plumbing, and mechanical machine repair.
- High action orientation to resolve problems.
- Mechanical skills including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Must be skilled in the use of hand and power tools common to all building maintenance trades.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to read schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints, and technical manuals.
- Advanced troubleshooting, decision making, and technical capability.
- Ability to work both as an important part of a team and independently to meet set deadlines.
- Availability for emergency work (after hours 24/7).
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multitask.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite.
- Valid in-state driver’s license.
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; the majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Must be able to use a ladder. Forklift Certification a plus.
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- It requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, masks, and other protective garments and equipment.
- It requires frequent driving and some typing.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Hourly Position.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.