If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story?
Check out our background here.
Carvana’s Infrastructure Development department is known for its team-oriented, fast-paced environment. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, mentor and train others, assume additional responsibilities as needed while juggling multiple projects. Don’t forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
What you’ll be doing
- Review and update progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion.
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage subcontractors and vendors to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary.
- Communicate with all suppliers and subcontractors to be certain they understand performance standards related to predetermined schedules or plans and specifications. If performance problems occur, coordinate with the Project Manager regarding the appropriate actions to take with the subcontractor.
- Proactively manage project scope, identify critical variables, and devise contingency plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with contractors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests.
- Assist in preparing bid packages and contract scope of work; set up contractor pre-work meetings, keep meeting minutes, and follow up.
- Maintain project documentation related to change orders, schedules, and budgets.
- Coordinate project close-out process with construction managers; tracking and managing drawings, reports, and other documentation from outside vendors, contractors, architects, and engineers.
- Must be able to support multiple projects and present a high level of organization.
What you should have
- 3-5 years of experience as an assistant project manager/project manager, preferably in the design, construction, or development industry.
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- A strong leader and self-starter who drives excellence and meets high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support.
- Able to help create, develop, and implement process improvement(s).
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Project, and Adobe.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (up to 50% of the time).
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.