In search of a fresh job opportunity? Give your career new life by joining one of the fastest growing companies in the nation! Carvana is disrupting the car industry by cutting out the dealerships. We sell cars, but we’re NOT car salesmen.
Carvana has full time positions open for experienced Automotive Technicians at our Reconditioning Center in Delanco, NJ. We are looking for several candidates who are team players and possess the drive, motivation and energy to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions!
Never heard of us? Check out our YouTube video of the first ever Car Vending Machine
- Our work environment is second to none in the industry
- Excellent schedule that allows for work/life balance
- We encourage health and fitness!
- 100% employee paid Healthcare Premium/ 401k match
- A Leadership Team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement/development
- Competitive hourly and salary compensation packages (NO FLAT RATE)
- $500 sign-on bonus
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Lower mileage, newer vehicles
- All makes and models
- Inspect and perfect used vehicles for online sale only
- Standardized, production based work environment
- General and preventative maintenance
- General automotive service including brake and tire and drive-ability repair
- Diagnostics, trouble shooting and electrical work
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to confidently perform automotive and electrical diagnostic analysis on all makes and models of vehicles
- Expertly diagnose issues based on experience, analysis and testing
- Ability to perform all assigned vehicle repairs and maintenance work in accordance with company standards
- Responsible for making repairs to engine, brakes, suspension, transmission, coolant services etc.
- Ability to install timing gears and belts
- Receptive to feedback and demonstrate active listening
- Willingness to jump in and adapt
- Ability to use production equipment such as lifts, welders, diagnostic equipment with confidence
Monday - Friday 6:00am-2:30pm
Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-2:30am
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master/ASE Certified, L1 Certified
- Minimum of 5+ years experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have no more than two moving violations in the last three years or DUI
- Requires the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with managers and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/ or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and some typing
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Hiring contingent on passing a complete background check as well as a driving record check. You must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
Carvana is a tobacco free company, which includes all forms of tobacco. All Carvana properties are subject to our tobacco free standards.