If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
We're Looking For:
A driven, experienced Business and Data Analyst to join our Accounting Analytics team. Carvana’s accounting is complex and benefits from data, analysis, reporting, and process improvements. An ideal candidate will support our accounting team by understanding workflows, identifying areas of opportunity, and utilizing their technical skills to solve problems and improve processes. The ideal candidate will be able to not only work with complex data sets from disparate sources but also be able to work with stakeholders to understand and document their current processes to build out automation solutions and assist with process improvement.
As an Analyst in Operations Analytics, you will:
- Utilize business intelligence related tools and concepts such as Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), relational database design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, UIPath and Python to solve operational problems.
- Be involved in extracting, cleansing, and visualizing data using the tools and techniques described above.
- You will add business value by helping architect, design, and prototype solutions to streamline business processes by implementing Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- You will work with end-users to validate data and ensure buy-in with new reporting or analysis.
- You will work with others to understand business processes and deliver data so that non-technical resources can understand/respond as needed.
- You will become familiar with current operations across various operational departments.
What you need to have to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field from an accredited undergraduate institution required.
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in data, reporting, and analytics.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Exposure to Tableau and/or UIPath is preferred.
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools (ETL processes, Python, etc.).
- Capable of managing competing priorities and the ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical audiences.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.