At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An experienced and collaborative Asset Protection Manager to lead the Security and Safety efforts for a large distribution center consisting of 400+ associates and a product inventory exceeding $80MM. The Asset Protection Manager will work closely with the Facility Leadership Team (Operations, Wholesale, and Logistics) in supporting the security and safety of our associates and the protection of our assets in a dynamic working environment. The Asset Protection Manager will be responsible for implementing enterprise programs and ensuring the effective adaptation by the appropriate team within their facility. He will provide day to day leadership of the Safe and Secure Team. The ideal candidate must possess leadership and people management skills, strong communication skills, quantitative rigor, and must be able to exercise independent judgement and work collaboratively with Carvana’s varied operational functions. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a disruptive and rapidly growing company. The position is field based and reports directly to a Market Manager of Asset Protection.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day leadership of the Safe and Secure Team at their facility. This will include recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding new associates to ensure their acclimation success. Provide clear expectations, support through consistent coaching, and provide follow up and problem solving to situations that may arise. Ensure an effective schedule is in place to properly meet facility goals. The Safe and Secure Team will consist of Asset Protection Associates and Asset Protection Technicians.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the Facility Leadership Team to provide appropriate business support on all issues pertaining to Associate Safety, Site Safety, Site Security, Asset Protection, Inventory Control, Crisis Management, and Business Continuity. Integrate with daily operational processes to ensure Enterprise Safe and Secure Program elements are appropriately in place. Work proactively to identify any new risks and work with partners to implement solutions. Partner with the Market Asset Protection Manager on continuing business needs and solutions to address.
- Work daily with the Inventory Control Analyst and the Inventory Control Associate Team to monitor all vehicles assigned and in transit to the facility. Ensure any vehicle exception is researched and tracked. Attend weekly ccalls/meetings to ensure a strong working knowledge of the processes and communication of key issues. Manage the stolen vehicle reporting process and lead all investigations pertaining to such. Partner appropriately with Market Asset Protection Manager, Corporate Insurance, and other partners during reporting and investigation process
- Work daily with the Safe and Secure Team and appropriate third party vendors to ensure consistent controls are in place at our gates and other key access points. Manage the Safe and Secure technology infrastructure to ensure all tools are properly functioning and are being utilized in the most efficient way to promote a safe and secure environment for our associates.
- Manage the Card Access process at our facility. Work closely with the Asset Protection Technician, who will be the day to day leader of this process, to ensure timely issuance of badges to Carvana Associates and appropriate building access.
- Complete Daily Production walks in conjunction with business partners. Document all issues and provide immediate solutions to remedy. Be a coach to the associate team to support the training of their Safety and Security roles. Work with the Facility Leadership Team to build and implement facility improvement plans to reoccurring or large scale risks. Lead the implementation of all new hire Safe and Secure training.
- In partnership with the Enterprise Safety Team and the respective Carvana Business Unit – support the implementation of EH&S protocols in the various facilities. Support should include training, protocol coaching, site assessments and improvement plans, recognition, and other actions to drive a culture of safety in each location.
- Be an active participant in identifying and resolving issues that impact the Safe and Secure Program. This includes active participation in resolving the issue rather than simply reporting.
- Track, and report on key performance indicators and exception based reporting to help mitigate risk and identify trends and root causes, including working with Risk and Operations groups to determine how to collect, store, and organize data relevant to field Asset Protection.
- In partnership with the Market Asset Protection Manager, provide project management support for key initiatives within the market. When directed by the Market Manager address Safe and Secure issues and provide solutions to Carvana facilities in close proximity.
- Ensure investigations of internal and external theft and fraud are properly conducted, in close partnership with HR and applicable operating departments.
- Be an active member in the local community representing Carvana specifically with local police, fire, prosecuting offices, and emergency management agencies.
- Foster open and productive working relationships with other applicable company departments
- Exercise prudent discretion regarding confidential and sensitive personnel information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Domestic travel required - 10%
- Annual Theft Loss versus Accrual rate
- Annual Vehicle Damage Loss versus Goal
- Asset Protection Facility Budget Actual vs. Plan
- Third Party Security Actual versus Plan
- WC and GL Claims vs. Plan
These skills are a plus:
- At least 5 years of Asset Protection leadership experience, preferably including distribution, warehousing, and fulfillment
- At least 3 years’ experience directly supervising and managing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and data-driven skill set
- Experience implementing Risk Mitigation programs to improve company profitability in collaboration with partners within a complex business environment
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines; Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative attitude
- Experience investigating and resolving theft and fraud issues.
- Able to help create, develop and implement process improvement(s)
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Crisis Management Leadership experience
- Experience leading OSHA Program implementation within a distribution, warehousing, and fulfillment environment
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners
- Knowledge of how to utilize Microsoft systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- OSHA 10 Hour Training Certification preferred
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.