If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
We are looking for an analytically-minded, driven, and resourceful person to join our growth and engagement team. Carvana’s communication via website, app, email, and SMS text is paramount to building trust and guiding customers through one of the most important purchases of their lives. You will have the unique opportunity to build best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will have a quantitative background; be skilled at designing, running, and interpreting experiments; and have a keen design and product instincts. This person does not need to have experience in marketing, but must be customer-obsessed and relentlessly seek to deliver the right message, at the right time, for each customer. This requires a rare mix of creative and analytical skills. We have no shortage of ambition at Carvana, and we are excited to bring on people who share our desire to leverage data and technology to provide unparalleled customer experiences.
What you’ll be doing
- Assess the performance of email and SMS programs across many customer segments. Identify areas of opportunity to refine and expand our customer communication. Own the strategy.
- Partner with Brand and Data Science teams to develop a personalized content and communication strategy for millions of customers
- Run a team of highly capable marketing automation engineers and analysts.
- Organize and rally cross-functional teams: Creative for image and copy assets, Product and Engineering for on-site and app transitions, Analytics for personalization.
- Drive measurable gains in performance. Regularly update the Executive team on strategy and performance.
What you should know
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field is required. A Master’s in a related field or an MBA is heavily preferred.
- High analytical horsepower and fluency in experimentation methodologies. Capable of the full scope of analytical decision-making. Tenacious about understanding causal relationships and ripple effects.
- Experience understanding the customer lifecycle and delivering the right message, at the right time. You have expertise in customer segmentation.
- Demonstrated excellence in implementation, including attention to detail and strong organization skills. You deliver accuracy, quality, and brand consistency in all communications.
- Experience leading large cross-functional efforts. Ability to collaborate and speak the language of our Creative, Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Executive teams.
- A track record of accelerating high-performing teams.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems, particularly using data to help answer nebulous questions (e.g., how consumers make purchasing decisions).
- Have a strong point of view and can work with our Creative team to create exceptional communications.
It would be great if you also had
- Understanding of how to use a marketing automation tool or ESP for managing emails and texts.
- Experience working in a product-focused environment or a product management role.
- E-commerce experience is a plus.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.