ABOUT CARVANA…. At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackle one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money. For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
Logistics is the art of problem-solving personified. As the Sr. Logistics Manager at Carvana, you will ensure that our promise of a revolutionary used car purchase process is realized. You will do this by becoming the subject matter expert in all facets of the logistics operations. You’ll be organizing, and optimizing the Vehicle Transport operations, ensuring the day to day activities are completed, and problem solve through complex obstacles to your business.
I know, I know, you’re in logistics, you want more details:
- Provide premium customer service and efficiently deploy assets; by managing inventory and route or departure accuracy
- Responsible for daily operations’ execution; Problem solve to remove barriers for execution.
- Provide hands-on support where necessary (with drivers, planners, loaders, and inventory teams).
- Ability to execute on company standards and strategic initiatives.
- Proper scheduling of resources to achieve projected goals
- Primary liaison for logistics between retail operations, 3rd party vendors, inspection center operations, and corporate partners.
- Ensure DOT compliance.
- Build/maintain a culture of safety, engagement, motivation, and recognition.
- Manage team of 10-15 and oversee a team over 60 employees
- Active participant in all things people including; performance management, scheduling, and hiring
- Train supervisors in all aspects of management and operations
- Extreme focus on organization and time management.
- Maintain open and effective communication with direct reports, logistics network, and location team members
- Have the ability to flex and adjust with the business while displaying a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once. In other words, you’re a multi-tasking wizard!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4-5 years of leadership experience or 2+ years of Carvana experience and minimum of 2+ year leadership experience
- Preferably familiar with FMCSA regulations and experience with CDL drivers.
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational success.
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving.
- Ability to work cross-functionally or with other business groups.
- Minimum of 1-year experience supervising/managing a team.
- Ability to interact with managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with technical systems and processes for tracking inventory.
- The energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
∙ Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
∙ Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
∙ Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
∙ Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
Business travel as required up to 5%.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.