If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry, then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
Working in the IT Team at Carvana you will notice that….
You'll need to be super approachable and always willing to go above and beyond to help fellow employees with their IT needs and problems. It could be as simple as connecting their monitor to as complicated as tuning their flux capacitor to precisely 1.21 gigawatts! We expect smart people who are doers with bright ideas, willing to put their game-face on, take on new challenges and juggle many assignments at once.
Specifically, as a Senior Cloud Engineer….
- The primary responsibilities are to configure the cloud resources while monitoring and managing the services (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Centrally maintain corporate directory services, e-mail suite, and integrations with cloud environments.
- Monitor and analyze the capabilities and performance of the systems and manage provisioning rules for on-premise and cloud services.
- Provide all the necessary assistance to the cloud servers, including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with the other departments and internal IT teams on standards and implementations of on-premise and cloud resources.
- Define change control parameters for cloud resources and approve change requests.
- Work on server installation, provisioning, and maintenance on multiple levels: OS, DB, and Application.
- Plan, implement, and maintain SaaS tools including some hybrid environments.
- Serve as escalated support for the Service Desk team when needed.
- Document infrastructure for all cloud resources to include networking segmentation and integrations.
- Work with vendors in-person or on the phone to resolve issues.
Enough about us….
The qualifying candidate must be enthusiastic, energetic and possess advanced troubleshooting skills. Your experience will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the on-premise and hosted environments. You should have:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of supporting enterprise level (medium to large) Server infrastructure environment cloud environments in (Data Center, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure).
- Advanced skills administering Windows Active Directory and experience in setting up High Availability for critical services like DHCP, DNS, and Radius.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, ports, and methods.
- Enterprise experience in server virtualization.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting Windows Servers OS, Azure AD, Okta SSO, and e-mail environment (GSuite).
- Skills writing scripts to automate processes and patching (such as Python, PowerShell, gcloud).
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Cloud Engine, Analytics tools (IE Big Query, Redshift)
- Experience working with APIs for cross-cloud, SaaS, and on-prem communication.
- Set up logging with tools such as Splunk.
- Strong familiarity with firewall, switches, and AP controllers.
- Worked with WAN connectivity and dedicated circuits such as MegaPort or Express Route.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.