If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
We’re looking for experienced data scientists and operations researchers with a passion for tackling big problems to work within our Decision Support Systems Logistics team within the larger Analytics group in Carvana. Our team is responsible for algorithms and systems that automate and optimize the movement of 15K+ per month vehicles cross-country and last mile using our 9 car hauler and single car hauler fleet. We develop, test, and maintain near real-time algorithms and systems that continuously optimize vehicle and truck movements, delivery dates promised to customers, and availability of appointments on our website.
What you’ll be doing
- Using Your Technical Chops:
- Apply advanced analytics skills to Carvana’s rich data.
- Build and own ETL pipelines to extract meaningful information from messy real-world data.
- Create powerful visualizations and dashboards.
- Communicate effectively in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Being An Awesome Stakeholder:
- You won't just be hiding behind your computer screen crunching code. You'll be presenting and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to best understand their reporting and analysis needs.
- You're a key player in our ultimate goal of making strong data driven decisions in Carvana’s day-to-day operations and outlining KPIs that help us define success.
- You'll work to understand the in's and out's of how our business partners run operations by conducting side by side and shadowing to make your process optimizations truly tangible and actionable.
What you should know
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 2+ years work experience as a data scientist.
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, Tableau.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Spark is a plus.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.