At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An experienced and collaborative Corporate Security partner to lead the project management efforts for the Carvana Enterprise Security Team. This leader will work closely with the Enterprise Security Team to identify key mitigation opportunities to improve the security and safety of our associates, assets, and profitability. In collaboration with various business functions, this leader will gain consensus on solutions and build cross functional project teams to implement solutions across our network of businesses. This leader will have oversight of the department’s strategic planning process (annual budget and KPIs), vendor relationships, and manage the business integration efforts with key HQ stakeholders (Product, HR, Legal, Wholesale, etc.). The ideal candidate will have significant experience at the corporate level gaining commitment to security efforts, implementing large scale projects, and driving agreed-upon results for companies with thousands of employees across varied US locations, preferably in both retail and distribution or storage settings. The ideal candidate must possess leadership and people management skills, superior communication skills, quantitative rigor, and must be capable of working independently and collaboratively with Carvana’s varied operational functions. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a disruptive and rapidly growing company. The position is based out of our headquarters in Tempe, Arizona, and reports directly to the Director of Enterprise Security.
*This position requires ~15% domestic travel.*
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing key data sources, relationships with key stakeholders, input from the field Asset Protection Team, and other sources to determine key business opportunities related to associate security, customer security, asset protection, and company profitability. Gain consensus with key business partners to clearly define issues and prioritization of such.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop solutions to identified opportunities. Pilot possible solutions utilizing cross functional teams to ensure the solution is efficient, effective, and scalable across the network. Leverage data to measure effectiveness and scalability.
- Build and lead project plans that implement solutions to appropriate business areas. Gain partnership on planning process and ensure timelines and budgets are met. Communicate across various audiences to ensure proper engagement and accountability are delivered.
- Work closely with the Director of Enterprise Security and the Field Leader of Asset Protection to plan/develop annual organizational goals. Partner with Finance and other business partners to ensure appropriate resources are aligned to deliver on goals (capital and expense planning), including implementing a scorecard process to measure performance to agreed-upon KPIs.
- Work with appropriate third-party vendors to bring innovation to the security planning process. Ensure key Carvana partners are aligned on vendor engagement. Provide day to day relationship management of third party vendor relationships.
- Be an active participant in the Security industry as a whole in order to ensure key trends and technology are leveraged where appropriate
Utilize various Carvana data sources to develop and implement exception-based reporting that will prioritize issues and engage the appropriate team to help seek solutions
- Design, track, and report on key performance indicators and exception-based reporting to help mitigate risk and identify trends and root causes, including working with Risk and Operations groups to determine how to collect, store, and organize data relevant to field Asset Protection
- Meet regularly with Carvana business partners to understand how Security can be integrated in key business processes to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Provide consistent communication to relevant business leaders regarding project tracking and KPI delivery
- Foster open and productive working relationships with other applicable company departments
- Exercise prudent discretion regarding confidential and sensitive personnel information
- Annual Theft Loss versus Accrual rate
- Annual Vehicle Damage Loss versus Goal
- Security Capital Budget Actual to Goal
- Security Expense Budget Actual to Goal
The Qualifying Candidate Must Have:
- Project Delivery ( Quality, Effectiveness, and Timeliness)Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Advanced Degree preferred
- At least 8 years of Asset Protection leadership experience, preferably including distribution, warehousing, and fulfillment
- At least 5 years of experience leading Security Projects in a large scale organization.
- At least 5 years of experience directly supervising and managing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and data-driven skill set
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines; Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative attitude
- Able to help create, develop and implement process improvement(s)
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience managing capital and expense budgets
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners
- Knowledge of how to utilize Microsoft systems.
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.