At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced talent development professional who will bring their passion for employee development and culture to our Market Operations Talent team. This position will work closely with the Talent Development Manager and Market Operations Leadership team to develop, expand, and manage our internal leadership development program(s).
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for talent and leadership development, a high level of flexibility and commitment, and the ability to tackle ambiguity and process improvement.
Specifically as Talent Programs Specialist your responsibilities will include…
- Supporting in the selection of program candidates, including but not limited to facilitating calibrations, interviewing candidates and assessing talent.
- Tracking the successful completion of program training and initiatives for all participants (ranging anywhere from 10 to 20 participants at a time).
- Leading and facilitating key talent processes, including but not limited to 360 reviews, performance check-ins, talent calibrations, individual development plans and more.
- Supporting the building and facilitation of soft skills and leadership training.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of talent management materials, presentations and communications.
- Coordinating on-site cohort visits to HQ and all that goes along with it.
- Conducting ongoing needs analysis, identifying and addressing potential skill gaps.
- Providing one-on-one coaching for participants and their managers.
- Constantly thinking of new ways to improve the program(s), including but not limited to the employee experience, talent management practices, reporting, manager experience, and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifying candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Talent, Leadership Development, Program Management, Training, or related field.
- Experience with HR technology/HRIS systems.
- Experience managing leadership development programs.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management.
- High degree of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent communication, including facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and motivate others with high influencing skills.
- The energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions.
It would be nice if you have:
- Master’s in Human Resources, Business, I/O Psychology, or related degree preferred
- Experience with talent assessment and development tools
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with Google suite
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.