At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Assistant Project Manager, Construction will focus on the construction, renovation and management of various projects related to Carvana Hubs and Special Projects nationally. The Assistant Project Manager, Construction will work closely with the Senior Manager of Construction Special Projects to help with directing and coordinating activities in managing ongoing facility projects through schedule, budget, and quality.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with commercial construction and knowledge of the building processes with emphasis on project planning, establishing deliverables and critical project objectives. The ideal candidate must also possess superior communications skills and be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE…
- Assist in developing scopes for new market projects from initiation, due diligence, planning, execution, monitoring, and close-out
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage subcontractors and vendors to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure smooth project execution
- Assist with developing and maintaining project budgets and process invoices
- Negotiation, selection and contracting process of external vendors and construction contractors
- Providing support to the team as needed coordinating meetings, preparing meeting agendas, and generating and publishing meeting minutes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with contractors, clients and stakeholders.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, stakeholders, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Processing invoices related to project expenses, including, setting up vendors, ensuring the appropriate insurance coverage is obtained and submitted (including required insurance certificates), verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contracts or agreements.
- Assist in preparing bid packages and contract scope of work; set up contractor pre-work meeting, keep meeting minutes and follow up.
- Maintain project documentation related to change orders, schedule, and budgets.
- Assist in the transition of a project from construction to PROPS to ensure successful project closeout and the right path to regular maintenance.
- Must be able to support multiple projects and present a high level of organization.
- Other related projects and duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
- 0-2 years of experience as an assistant project manager/project manager, preferably in the design, construction or development industry.
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
- A self-starter who drives excellence and meets high standards.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism.
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support.
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Proficient in MS Office, Project, and Adobe preferred
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (up to 30- 50% of the time).
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- Experience in reading commercial contracts (master agreements/work orders) and understanding contract scopes
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- An analytic mind with a passion for diagnosing and solving problems
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
The Assistant Project Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Construction - Hubs and Special Projects, and will be a salaried full-time position based at the Home Office in Phoenix.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship