WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and a fridge stocked with Red Bull. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
This is a role for a thought leader with a demonstrated ability to approach benefits in innovative and exciting ways. This benefits leader will be responsible for the design of cost-effective and competitive benefit programs to attract and retain employees. This position manages the company’s health plans (including medical and dental), welfare plans (including life, AD&D, STD, LTD), and other voluntary employee perks and benefits.
- Manage all benefit programs and vendors to include strategy, the annual analysis of benefits offerings, open enrollment, administration, 401(k) audits, and leave management.
- Manage, lead and develop a talented team of Benefits professionals
- Manage annual benefits design efforts, including regular plan reviews in partnership with our benefits brokers. Analyze cost and pricing of benefits and recommend strategies to provide competitive and cost-effective offerings.
- Monitor market practices, trends and regulatory environment to ensure benefit offerings remain highly competitive, fiscally responsible, and legally compliant.
- Manage relationships with benefit brokers, TPAs, carriers and other vendors, to ensure compliance with all policies, service level agreements, laws, and regulations
- Ensure plans meet current and future requirements of the Affordable Care Act regulations and legislation, and ensures statutory compliance with FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, and HIPAA legislation.
- Manage 401(k) plan including coordination of plan testing, filings and administration
- Oversee leaves administration.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to drive participation and promote awareness and understanding of benefit offerings to new and existing employees and their family members.
- Manage benefits onboarding and enrollment for new hires.
- Oversee the design and delivery of new hire benefits orientation presentation.
- Ensure the Benefits team efficiently answers and resolves benefit inquiries from employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing benefit plans, including Health & Welfare, wellness, leave management and retirement plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field
- Industry-specific certification (PHR, CBP, CEBS) or an MBA preferred.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal regulations relating to benefit plans and all applicable laws relating to benefit administration (including COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA).
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled collaborator, managing partnerships with vendors, internal stakeholders and outside consultants to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong coaching, development and overall leadership skills.
- Advanced MS Excel, Powerpoint, and Word skills.
- Able to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development