INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER, TALENT (Operations)
Recently ranked #5 in Forbes Magazine’s list of America’s Most Promising Companies, Carvana offers the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, along with the capitalization and infrastructure of an established business.
We sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. At Carvana, we’ve made it our mission to transform how cars are bought and sold. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way so we committed to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers. From our searchable showroom of fully-inspected, certified cars to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and warranty packages. With delivery possible to the buyer’s driveway in 24 hours or pick-up available from one of our state-of-the-art car vending machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day money back guarantee, customer satisfaction is at the core of our business. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car that we pass on to our customers.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Creating an extraordinary customer experience (for both our external and internal customers) is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
Carvana is looking for a creative, passionate and innovative Instructional Designer to create engaging and effective training content for Leadership Development initiatives across our Inspection Center organization. The Instructional Designer will design, develop and deliver innovative and engaging learning solutions for Leadership Development Programs specific to our Inspection Centers (modalities include e-learning, videos, self-guided learning, instructor-led courses and blended learning). The ideal candidate for this role will be a collaborative thought-partner who will work closely with our SMEs, Talent Development team and Training team. This role requires a passion for continuous learning and for creating best-in-class learning solutions. This is a full-time, salaried position based out of our Headquarters in Tempe, AZ. This is not a remote/work-from-home opportunity.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
You must be prepared to help with a variety of administrative, support, and general business organizational items. This may include:
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methodology to develop dynamic and impactful leadership development curriculum.
- Partner with subject matter experts to identify training needs and effective training modalities for our target audience.
- Identify objectives and measures of success for curriculum and create content that will meet those objectives and measures of success.
- Provide creative exercises and activities that will enhance the learning process and create a valuable learning experience in a fast-paced, dynamic production environment.
- Leverage different tools to create effective supporting material and media for training content (eg. audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc) .
- Define the criteria used to judge impactfulness of training and learner’s performance and develop proper assessment practices and tools.
- Leverage instructional design and mutli-media skills to design and develop new learning materials including videos, e-learning modules, workbooks, instructor guides, train-the-trainer guides and job aids that will drive organizational learning and results.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
The qualifying candidate must be a driven, organized, critical thinker that is interested in gaining exposure across Carvana’s operations. Required skills include:
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in Instructional Design with instructional technology.
- Applied knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models (experience with ADDIE model a plus).
- Act as an advisor in identifying and analyzing training needs, creating innovative content and designing strategies and tools to measure the effectiveness of our training efforts.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances the learning experience and meets the needs of our organization.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of e-learning tools such as Articulate, Captivate, Storyline and other tools in Adobe Creative Cloud (Workday LMS is a plus).
- Ability to take initiative and execute in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment.
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- An amazing sense of humor. Read this again, if necessary
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- Experience creating leadership development content for high-volume manufacturing organizations.
- Experience producing professional and instructionally sound blending learning content.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing environments.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.