At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
A driven, experienced data analyst to join our Inspection Centers team who has a passion for solving problems with data, an eye for process improvement, and the skill to execute changes.
You’ll be a great fit if you have the grit to persevere through challenging or ambiguous problems, love a chance to step away from your desk to understand and improve processes on the shop floor, and get excited about translating data into action.
As an analyst for the Inspection Centers, you will support the operations team by deeply understanding workflows, proactively identifying areas of opportunity using existing reporting, and utilize your technical skills to provide additional data and visualizations. You should be able to tell a clear story with data, recommend process improvements as a product of your analysis, and drive those improvement initiatives within the Inspection Centers and across the company based on your insights.
As an Analyst for the Inspection Centers, you will:
- Utilize business intelligence related tools and concepts such as Tableau, SQL, relational database design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, and Python to solve operational problems
- Be responsible for extracting, cleansing, and visualizing large data sets using the tools and techniques described above
- Plan and lead execution of identified process improvements and cross functional initiatives
- Deeply understand our reconditioning business and how it relates to other operational departments
- Proactively monitor existing reporting, identify areas of concern, and perform any additional analysis needed to understand underlying causes or nuances
- Deliver insights on urgent business challenges by performing ad hoc analysis and crafting accurate, easy to understand findings
- Forecast future performance based on impact of process improvements and changes to the business
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or similar field from an accredited undergraduate institution required
- 2+ years of professional experience in data, reporting, and analytics
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with visualization software; Tableau proficiency a big plus
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools (ETL processes, Python, etc.)
- Capable of managing competing priorities
- Ability to thrive (and preference to work) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate confidently to senior leadership
- Ability to be comfortable on the shop floor and connect with front line associates
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- Access to an incredibly sharp and innovative leadership team
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening. CARVANA is a tobacco-free workplace.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.